The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) is an international organization which was established in Seoul, the Republic of Korea on September 1, 2011 in accordance with the Agreement on the Establishment of the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat among the Governments of the Republic of Korea, Japan and the People’s Republic of China (www.tcs-asia.org).
The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
(1) General Service Staff (research staff in Department of Political Affairs)
(2) General Service Staff (research staff in Department of Economic Affairs)
(3) General Service Staff (research staff in Department of Socio-cultural Affairs)
2. Job description and qualifications
(1) Job Description:
· provide, support to the various trilateral cooperation consultative mechanisms by attending meetings, drafting summary records, and communicating with relevant officials of the three Governments.
· plan, organize and implement various trilateral cooperative projects in the assigned Departments, including events and research; produce reports of both ad-hoc and regular frequency.
· provide technical support to the relevant Professional Staff as required, including research, drafting, translation, database management etc.
· Citizens of ROK, Japan or China
· Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement. Master’s or above level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired (other fields will also be considered).
· Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
· Proficiency in both written and oral English. (working language of the TCS)
· Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
(1)Starting date: December, 2013 (flexible)
(2)One year contract including a three-month paid probationary period
Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the contract-based employment for 2 years following a performance evaluation
(3)Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
(4)Staff benefits: Social Security (National Pension, National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
(1)1st round: Application review
(2)2nd round: Writing test and interview for the applicants who pass the first round
Applicants who pass the first round will be individually notified with the date, method and location of the writing test and interview date.
5. Required Documents
(1)Employment Application Form (attached form)
(2)A self-introduction letter in English (the letter should be no more than two pages)
(3)Certificate of the highest level of education
(4)Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc.) if available; If applicable, Korean, Japanese or Chinese standardized test scores
(5)(If available) written materials in English (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
(1)Application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2)Application Period: by 2013.10.18
Applicants should specify one Department position to which they are applying for.
The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_deparment (political or economic or socio-cultural)”
Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: email@example.com.